Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

  Dear Pink Poppy...And a New Club Song!

As promised, here's a little post answering some actual questions that you have sent to my e-mail in the last week. It's a little segment I'll call "Dear Pink Poppy..."

Dear Pink Poppy,
Why are your comments disappearing?
Well, the COMMENTS aren't disappearing, but the counts on the main page are. And I don't know why. On Friday, there were more than 150 comments. But last time I looked, it said there were 4. So, just know that ALL of my posts have comments, even if it says there were "0".

Dear Pink Poppy,
Have you finished KJ's Blog Thingy YET? Many inquiring minds want to know.
Yes. But I am SOOO scared that I didn't pass! And what EXACTLY was it that you wanted to know?

Dear Pink Poppy,
I just came across The Manolo on your site and I was wondering...That's not THE REAL Manolo, is it?
Yes, it is. It may not be Manolo Blahnik. But it is most DEFINITELY "THE" Manolo.

Dear Pink Poppy,
What do I have to do to be invited to join The Poppy Club?
Well, you have to introduce yourself. (Done.) Then you ought to read "The Lessons" (December 31- January 13) to make sure you REALLY want to join. I mean...it's not just a game, it's a pretty demanding lifestyle! Then, you need to choose a name that really fits your personality/blog ID. Then? Just give me your info and you're in the club.

Dear Pink Poppy,
How did Opiate Poppy copy your blogroll so that his blogroll updates when when you update yours?
Excellent question for which I have NO good answer. But OP is not nearly as intimidating as he seems. He is a blog god. Yes. But he's just SOOO down to earth... I'm certain he won't mind taking a question from an admirer. He's sweet that way....

Dear Pink Poppy,
That was an AWESOME party last weekend. Do you do this EVERY weekend?
"No.

Actually, we will celebrate the stars of our blogging community ANYTIME they have been recognized for their splendiferousness--but are too modest and too well-mannered to throw the party for themselves. That's what we're all about. We celebrate the achievements of our fellow bloggers--and we help those who are movin' on up to keep their heads on straight and not get off track. Mean and nasty are SOOO passe'. There are LOTS of VERY nice and very fabulous bloggers out there who get beaten on because they get singled out for recognition--online or otherwise. So, having been there before ourselves, we at The Poppy Club just want them to realize that they DON'T HAVE TO BE ASHAMED OF THEIR SUCCESS. Sure, they don't want to blab about it on their OWN sites. But here, we can celebrate among friends. So whenever it seems appropriate to raise a glass or throw a party for someone who is marvelous, we will do so. But these full weekend gigs? We'll probably just reserve those for the BoB's...."

And finally, I just MUST share this comment from our club chorister, Emerald City Poppy. It is one of the funniest, and most touching moments I have enjoyed on this blog:

"As unofficial chorister (Or am I official chorister? Either is fine with me.) I'd like to thank you for putting together this marvelous shindig and present you with a new song.

And a 1 and a 2 and a 1,2,3...Tall Poppies Together (to the tune of "Happy Together" by the Turtles)

Imagine all of us, it's justa place
within the blogosphere
It's all right here
We learn about new blogs, and grow,and persevere --
Tall Poppies together

If we should comment now
One at a time
We’ll find we’re growing self-aware
And of broad mind
Imagine how the world could be
So very fine
Tall Poppies together

{Refrain}
I can see me learning from bloggers like you
For all my life
Each new entryI know I'll find something new
For all my life

Thanks, Pink Poppy!"

No, La Nina...THANK YOU!

Now I'm off for Sushi and a Movie Day with Susan. Cheers!

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >