Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Monday, January 17, 2005

 

  Son 2 Has A Dream, Too!

Last week at school, Son 2 (8 years old) was given the assignment of filling in missing parts of Martin Luther King's beloved "I Have A Dream" speech with his own dreams for the future. Below is the result. His "dreams" are in bold:

I have a drean that one day this nation will be better.
I have a dream that one day kids will get to stay up all night.
I have a dream that one day I will be Governor. I like the mansion.
I have a dream that we will live long and prosper.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day we will go to China through a hole in our backyard.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day we will be able to scooby (sic) dive.
This is my hope and faith. With this faith we will be able to love to drink water. Because I don't.
This will be the day when we drive the cars ourselves.

You can read Dr. King's speech in it's entireity Here at Michele's.

Hope you're enjoying your Martin Luther King Day!

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >