Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Friday, September 03, 2004

 

  A Little More of Mom's Political Courage, Please


Photo credit: Doug Mills-NYT
President Bush Speaks To The RNC

It was a cute quote:

"Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called 'walking.' Now and then I come across as a little too blunt - and for that we can all thank the white-haired lady sitting right up there." PRESIDENT BUSH

As a female, 2000 Bush voter who is undecided for 2004, I am assuming that the quote was written for me. As with Kerry, I think that Bush did a fabulous job on the delivery, but the speech itself didn't make me want to jump up and support him.

I'm a Barbara Bush fan--I love the fact that she's not afraid to speak her mind and she had the courage to publicly disagree with her party (and her husband) when she thought that they were wrong. However, I think that other undecided's like me are still looking for that kind of POLITICAL courage from her son. If we had seen it over the last four years, we wouldn't still be undecided.

Overall, the speech was good, but I thought that much of the story was in what he didn't discuss. You know, like all of those pesky little details of domestic policy (remember AMERICA? Where we live?) . I thought Karl Rove's signature was all over the convention, and I refuse to put HIM back in office. My hands are still tied.

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >