Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Monday, January 10, 2005

 

  Busy Day...Lesson 8 This Afternoon

Not only is today my all-day volunteer day at the school, but Hubby is also having a minor outpatient surgical proceedure on his back. SO, Lesson 8 won't be up until this afternoon.

In the meantime, there is PLENTY to do here at Tall Poppy Diaries. First....(drumroll...)....The Elusive Orange Poppy whom you have all wondered about is IN THE BUILDING! Yes, she has come out of hiding and will (hopefully) be around a bit more frequently to join in the discussions. She is sweet, precious and adorable. In our group of "real life" friends (you know, the ones we actually see), Orange Poppy is the one who always manages to come out of her scrapes with the Weeds smelling the sweetest. We don't know how she does it. We stand in awe of her abilities. There is much to be learned about handling Weeds from the wise Orange Poppy. So be sure to stop by her post and say "Hello".

Then, if you haven't already, feel free to read yesterday's rant about Hypocrisy. Things like this ALWAYS make me shudder because it makes the REAL Tall Poppies look awefully small....And while you're there, if you haven't voted in the last 24 hours, PLEASE follow the link to vote for our friends in The BoB Award's.

AND (See? I told you there was lots to do), when I was visiting The Docs yesterday, Isabella posted this Gender Genie that allows you to figure out if you write like a male or a female. I put in three of my posts, and all three times it said that I write like a male--TOTALLY! As in my male score was twice as high as my female score! SOOO, please test your writing and let me know if you write like a girl 'cause, really...I want to see what "girl writing" looks like. LOL! Please let me know....

And finally, I just want to say "Awesome Job" to the generous guy behind SC&A and to Michele Agnew for their work on behalf of Tsunami victims yesterday. And thanks to all of you who commented. It was a great community effort that raised $500 for Tsunami Relief. See ya' this afternoon....

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >