Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

  Notes from The Frozen Tundra...

1). Yesterday, I took The Death Test. It says that I am going to die by March of 2054 at the age of 89--probably of a stroke. (That probably has something to do with the fact that my three deceased grandparent died of strokes. Oh, and perhaps, that both of my parents have had strokes....) It also says that I have "more health and vitality than the average woman". V. good news. I also learned that the avg. Female Life Span is 77.1. The most troubling news to me? It told me I have lived 45% of my life ALREADY!!! YIKES! THAT freaked me out. I have GOT to get busy becoming a major historical figure--NOW! Geez, I only have 55% of my life to go. I'm suddenly feeling VERY washed up...

2). Michelle Kwan won the National Figure Skating Championships. She has now won her 9th national title, tying Maribel Vinson Owen's record for most National titles. I am ECSTATIC that she won. Her Short Program was awe-inspiring. Her Long Program? Not so much. It's not her best routine, by far, and she didn't capture me from the moment it began like she usually does. Hope they make some positive changes before World's....But still. This was the last Nationals where they will use the "6.0" scoring system. Michelle holds the all-time record for earning the most perfect 6.0's during National competition. She has earned 42. The next closest? Brian Boitano with 9. She is truly amazing....

3). It is VERY hard for me to type Michele with two "L's". I wonder why....

4). I have had a VERY lazy weekend, filled with blogging, figure skating, Sex and the City (this last DVD set with the final four episodes and the special features? It is SOOO a keeper...) and shopping. Oh, and on the special features, they make fun of people like me and my buddy, Charanda, for thinking that WE are like the SATC girls. No, on second thought...I think they only make fun of me (you can call me "Charrie" -- 'cause I'm half Charlotte, half Carrie) because they only make fun of people who THINK they are Carrie. Charanda? I guess that means YOU'RE cool. We already KNEW that. Of course.

5). Family comes home today. Won't be the same....

6). Two of my very dearest blogging buddies are getting together for dinner tonight. I'm jealous. Yes. But y'all have fun just the same.... And don't forget to write!

7). I have GOT to make my travel reservations to go to My Best Friend's Wedding. Yeah. Just like the movie. Except I'm not going to try to break them up. Or steal the catering truck. But I'm gonna be SOOO weepy, just the same. Trust me...you'll hear MUCH more about that in the next few weeks.

8). As soon as I clean up the house (I have done NOTHING in that department since the boys left on Friday. Except for make a HUGE mess...) I will post the second installment of My Favorite Comments. And, perhaps, another thing... or two....

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >