Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

  Great Quote from " 13 Going On 30 "

I rented the movie " 13 Going On 30 " the other day and loved it. Lots of Tall Poppy, Short Poppy and Weed moments. And, of course, the Tall Poppy (who was formerly a Weed) won out in the end.

Also made me cry to A LOT since my best guy friend of more than twenty years is supposedly proposing to his girlfriend on a cruise right now. I doubt our friendship will weather his marraige as well as it did mine. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath....

Anyway, there was a great quote that I had to write down. I think it says something about our culture--about how ugly politics have gotten, how we tear down others in an effort to get ahead, how we degrade ourselves just to get attention. When I heard it, it made me think about the loss of innocence, joy, compassion, integrity and other traits that seem so passe' today:

"...All of us want to feel something that we've forgotten or turned our backs on because maybe we didn't realize how much we were leaving behind. We need to remember what used to be good. If we don't, we won't recognize it--even if it hits us between the eyes."



Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >