Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

  On The Sixth Day of Christmas, My Blogsite Gave To Me...


SIX GEESE A-LAYING: Six Hours of Creation--of a spectacular Christmas Tree!

"Day 6: Geese A-laying = the six days of creation

Yes, you read it right. Instead of giving myself six DAYS to create my tree, I'm giving myself 6 HOURS. I am referring, of course, to the tree in the living room. The one that is a necessary component to any proper Christmas celebration. (Update: Still not done, but I have good start on it...)

Now, I must share with you a Christmas card that came to us today. We get lots of Christmas cards from all sorts of political folk. Most have pictures of their lovely families looking all respectable and upstanding. Others feature glistening scenes of Christmas glory and cheer. So imagine our surprise when we opened up this card from Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez of California!


(click to enlarge)

In case you can't read it, the card says, "The stockings were hung from the chimney with care, in hopes that the fire department soon would be there. Hope your Holidays are SMOKIN'! Love, Loretta and Gretzky" (Son 1 was VERY upset that she chose to set the cat's tail on fire rather than her own!)

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING? Is this someone you could ever again take seriously? I didn't THINK so! Anyway, it seems that Aussie Mama has some competition.... LOOK OUT, AUSSIE MAMA! For the record, I'm rootin' for the Aussie... Oh! But wait! I'm not EVER supposed to say "rootin'" to an Aussie. (Besides, in Aussie terms, I think the Congresswoman may be covering those bases...) OK, I'm CHEERING for the Aussie! E GADS!

And now (drumroll please...), on to the Incredible Shrinking Lists...

Things I Should have done yesterday, but didn't:

  1. Put in ALL of my nominations for the BoB's.
  2. Figure out what the heck to do with my adspace for the BoB's. (Still lookin' for suggestions. Anyone? I'll offer a very clever reward to ANYONE who will help me figure out what to say in my ad!!!)
  3. Get a Christmas Tree decorated. GEEZ!!! (day SIX...)

Things I DID yesterday, but shouldn't have:

  1. I was so good yesterday that I was downright boring

Things I have done today:

  1. Got Son 1 halfway across the state to LRHB's birthday party.
  2. Got gas
  3. Went shopping.
  4. Visited Daddy.
  5. Took Daddy's clothes to the dry cleaners.
  6. Wrote this post.
  7. Wrote the OTHER post. (Don't you just LOVE them...)
  8. Actually DISCUSSED decorating for Christmas with Hubby.
  9. Started tracking down an air hockey table. At least I won't be stepping on it or have to pick it up off of the floor (hopefully!)

Things I have not done today, but (must) should:

  1. Get showered. But I DID get dressed. And really, that's half the battle....
  2. Write Christmas cards and checks for Mom and Dad's Christmas gifts to siblings. We've already gotten one "reminder" phone call. Aaaarrggghhh!!!
  3. Submit the second installment of my nominations for the BoB awards.
  4. Amber? Done.
  5. Make one "6th day" ornament. Whew!
  6. Ya' know the Christmas boxes that are screaming to me from the attic? It's time to bring them down!

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >