Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, December 23, 2004

 

  On The Eleventh Day of Christmas, My Blogsite Gave To Me...


Eleven Pipers Piping: My Favorite Sources for Cultural and Fashion News: The New York Times, The New York Post--Page Six , The Washington Post, Newsweek, W Magazine, Vanity Fair, Washingtonian, Town and Country, Vogue, US News and World Report, Yahoo! News

OK, so my choices of news sources may not be YOUR idea of "high-brow" (I also get Hamptons Magazine--Does THAT count?), but they work for me. These are the sites and sources that I check at least weekly to make sure that I can carry on a decent conversation at parties and have something interesting or curious to share here. I know that journalists worth their salt NEVER reveal their sources, but I haven't pretended to be a journalist in 15 years. So I think I'm safe revealing THESE sources to you today.

My Favorite News Sources are the backbone of Tall Poppy Diaries. You, my readers, are the lifeblood. Tall Poppy Diaries without the witty, insightful comments would be dead. The most fun part of having a blog to me ISN'T having the chance to pontificate about what I think is interesting. It's reading your comments on issues and trends that makes Tall Poppy Diaries what it is.

NOTE: I did NOT name this blog "Tall Poppy Diary", because it's really not about "ME". My Eleven Pipers Piping give us a common thread to discuss, and then YOU write the Diaries. That's what I love about Tall Poppy Diaries--It's alive. Never stagnant, because YOU have opinions, too. And that's why my Eleven Favorite News sources will have a place on my tree this Christmas. They encourage YOU to keep coming back to write the Diaries. And that makes me happy!

NOW, in case you were looking forward to spreading Christmas cheer with a new set of bloggers from my list today, I do have ONE blogger whom I would LOVE for you to go say "Merry Christmas" to. It's La Nina at Difficult By Design. La Nina is new to my blogroll, but she has been SUCH a great sport, coming by and visiting you on YOUR special day--even in the midst of taking her finals! So stop by and spread a bit of cheer to La Nina. And hurry! I think she's on her way to Spain!

And now (drumroll please...), on to the Incredible Shrinking Lists...

Things I Should have done yesterday, but didn't:

  1. Put in ALL of my nominations for the BoB's.
  2. Get the "Girlfriend Presents" wrapped and delivered.
  3. Take Daddy's favorite clothes to the Dry Cleaners.

Things I actually DID get done yesterday (FINALLY):

  1. Caught up on my blogging
  2. Worked on Christmas presents
  3. Spent time with the kids.
  4. Made more 12 Days Ornaments!

Things I DID yesterday, but shouldn't have:

  1. I think I was boring again...

Things I have done today:

  1. Wrote this post.

Things I have not done today, but (must) should:

  1. Take Daddy home from the Hospital! FINALLY!!!
  2. Find Daddy a REALLY cool wooden cane for Christmas.
  3. Submit the second installment of my nominations for the BoB awards.
  4. Make ONE "11 Pipers Piping" Ornament
  5. Make cookies for Christmas Cookie Decorating Spectacular on Thursday.
  6. Wrap Christmas presents.
  7. Wrap and deliver "Girlfriend Gifts".
  8. Take Daddy's clothes to the Dry Cleaners.

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >