Tall Poppy Diaries

Observations and musings on life as a happy high-achiever (or what the Aussie's call a "Tall Poppy" ). "Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have." --Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, December 19, 2004

 

  On The 7th Day of Christmas, My Blogsite Gave To Me...

Seven Swans A-Swimming: My Seven Favorite Christmas Carols

  • Six Geese A-Laying: Six Hours of Creation--of a spectacular Christmas Tree! Five Gold Rings: Annie, JCanuck, KJ, Michele, and Kate.
  • Four Calling Birds: Girl From Florida, Sam, Pink Sun Drops and Princessr9
  • Three French Hens: Amber, Cecilia, and HESTER!
  • Two Turtle Doves: Invisible Poppy and Orange Poppy (who sit around and look pretty, but add surprisingly little to the conversation)
  • And A Partridge In a Pear Tree! MOI'! Oh, and did I mention he left me a year older, too?

I want to be sure to feature all of my favorite "Gifts" (bloggers) on weekdays when EVERYONE is online so that nobody misses any or has to "catch up". So today, as I was sitting in church, I was reminded of how much I LOVE Christmas music. Unlike KJ, I didn't have any traumatic Christmas Carol experiences, so Holiday music has always been a very important component of my holiday experience. My children know all of the words to songs like "White Christmas", "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" and, yes, "The 12 Days of Christmas", because those are songs I used to rock them to sleep from the time they were babies. (I told you that I'm normally a Christmas fanatic!).

My Seven Favorite Christmas songs are (in no particular order except for #1):

  1. O Holy Night (DEFINITELY the best Christmas song ever...)
  2. Silent Night
  3. Merry Christmas, Darling
  4. White Christmas
  5. Silver Bells
  6. I'll Be Home For Christmas
  7. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Followed VERY closely by "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow" and "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas". (Isabella just pointed out that I had White Christmas listed twice--under two different names. Sleep induced insanity is the pits! So I've replaced one of the "White Christmas'" with "Silver Bells", which I left off the list! Thanks, Isabella.)

So tell me, what are YOUR favorite Holiday songs?

And now (drumroll please...), on to the Incredible Shrinking Lists...

Things I Should have done yesterday, but didn't:

  1. Put in ALL of my nominations for the BoB's.
  2. Figure out what the heck to do with my adspace for the BoB's. (Still lookin' for suggestions. Anyone? I'll offer a very clever reward to ANYONE who will help me figure out what to say in my ad!!!)
  3. Get a Christmas Tree (completely) decorated. GEEZ!!! (day SIX...)

Things I DID yesterday, but shouldn't have:

  1. Once again, I THINK I was so good yesterday that I was downright boring.
  2. Oh, I DID post that card from Congresswoman Sanchez. We probably won't be on her list next year....

Things I have done today:

  1. Got everyone dressed, ready and off to church by 9 am. (Have I mentioned how much I despise 9 am church?
  2. Visited Daddy.
  3. Washed Daddy's clothes. (It was serious. The nurses make him change his underwear EVERY day! So those seven pairs of boxers he told me to bring him for a two-week stay? Not enough....)
  4. Wrote this post.

Things I have not done today, but (must) should:

  1. Write Christmas cards and checks for Mom and Dad's Christmas gifts to siblings. We've already gotten one "reminder" phone call. Aaaarrggghhh!!!
  2. Submit the second installment of my nominations for the BoB awards.
  3. Finish decorating the Christmas tree.
  4. Make one "7th day" ornament. Whew!
  5. Ya' know the Christmas boxes that are screaming to me from the attic? It's time to bring them down!

Listed on 
BlogShares Listed on BlogShares My Bloginality is ENFP!!!

< ? Blogging Mommies # >